Drop or Withdraw Class(es)
|Drop or Withdraw Class(es)|
|Proof of Enrollment|
To withdraw from a class or completely withdraw from the college, please follow the appropriate steps outlined below.
You will be responsible for any and all financial delinquencies which result from failure to complete the withdrawal process by the dates established in the Academic Calendar. If you are enrolled in an online class through a KCTCS college other than MCTC, that college's academic calendar may be different. Check your course syllabus or contact your instructor to confirm those dates.
If you stop attending and do not officially withdraw from a class, you will receive a failing grade.
To Withdraw/Drop a Class(es):
Complete the Withdraw/Drop Request in Student Self-Service. The request can be found by choosing the Academic Records tile. Click here for instructions on how to complete the Withdraw/Drop Request.
After mid-term, you must have instructor permission to withdraw from a class. Instructors will be notified of your request, once you officially submit the online form.
- If you receive financial aid (grants, scholarships, or loans) and withdraw from all courses, this can result in repayment of financial aid received. If you have questions about how this may affect your financial; aid, please consult the Office of Financial Aid before submitting your request.
The last day to officially withdraw can be determined by the official Academic Calendar. Academic Calendars can vary in online courses, depending on the offering school.
- You must complete a drop request and officially withdraw by the deadline date to be eligible for a refund.
- You must complete the online drop request form to withdraw from a class. You must obtain a confirmation of withdrawal via their KCTCS Student E-mail account to complete this process.
- Refunds and withdrawal dates for classes other than the regular 16-week classes will be determined by the amount of time the class has met. Contact the Registrar for questions regarding these classes.
- Refund dates are subject to change at the discretion of the KCTCS Board of Regents.
- Refunds for sessions different from those listed below are prorated according to the session in proportion to the traditional 16-week session. A session is defined as an enrollment period within an academic term. An academic term (fall, spring, or summer) may have a number of sessions running concurrently (i.e., 16-, 8-, or 4-week).
Time Frame for Tuition Refunds*
|16-week||Within 7th day||8th-29th days||After 29th day|
|14-week||Within 6th day||7th-25th days||After 25th day|
|12-week||Within 5th day||6th-22nd days||After 22nd day|
|10-week||Within 4th day||5th-18th days||After 18th day|
|8-week||Within 4th day||5th-15th days||After 15th day|
|6-week||Within 3rd day||4th-11th days||After 11th day|
|5-week||Within 2nd day||3rd-9th days||After 9th day|
|4-week||Within 1st day||2nd-7th days||After 7th day|
*Calendar days of the session, including all Saturdays and Sundays, but excluding KCTCS holidays. The session start date is not always the first day of class meeting.