Student Information Technology Resources
Passwords are a vital part of the KCTCS security policy. In an effort to make the creation of passwords more user friendly, KCTCS has implemented a new policy that contains the following changes:
- The minimum password length has been raised from 8 to 12.
- Password history has been increased from 5 to the maximum of 1024 (This prevents previous passwords from being reused.)
- Password complexity will no longer be enforced (This means you will no longer be required to use a mixture of capitals, numbers, and symbols.)
Users are now encouraged to create an easy to remember passphrase that is personal to themselves. Guidance for using a secure, easy to remember passphrase can be found on the Security Sense SharePoint site.
If you have any questions, please contact a member of the MCTC IT department.
- Find the PaperCut client in the top right corner of your desktop and click on details
to open a webpage with your PaperCut account details.
- If the client is not visible find the icon in the taskbar in the bottom right of your screen and click on it from there.
- Once you have reached the webpage log in with your KCTCS credentials.
- Click on "show" to display your PaperCut PIN. This page will also display your balance, total print jobs and balance history. You can also use the left hand navigation to display your transaction history, recent print jobs, and jobs that are currently in the print queue waiting to be printed. You can also delete any print jobs in the queue that you no longer need to print.
Student lounge 213
LICKING VALLEY CAMPUS
MOUNT STERLING CAMPUS
106 student lounge
200 2nd floor lobby
Admin 2nd Floor Elevator
Science 3rd Floor Hallway
- Installing Office 365 on your personal computer is a simple process. First, go to MyPath.
- Next, find the email icon and click it.
- Once you have opened your email, click on your personal icon located at the top right of the screen.
- Now click "View Account".
- On the My Account page, find the icon that says, "Office apps & Devices". Click on "Install Office".
- This will begin the download and bring up the following window. Just follow the instructions and Office will install. You may install Office on up to 5 separate devices.
- Move your mouse to the bottom right of the desktop, and click on the wireless symbol. This will bring up all available wireless connections in your area.
- Find KCTCS-STUDENT-GUEST and click on the connect button.
NOTE: Please remember that this is not a secure network so please refrain from accessing personal information such as shopping and banking.