The Federal Work-Study Program provides jobs for students with financial need, allowing them to earn additional money to help pay education expenses. The program encourages community service work and work related to your course of study. No special skills are needed. Dedication to assignments and punctuality are valued. Student employees must be eligible for hiring as determined by KCTCS Hiring Policies.
Federal Work Study is a federal needs-based work program that determines eligibility through the FAFSA. Work-study is available as long as federal funding and employment are accessible.
- You must be enrolled for a minimum of six hours per academic session.
- You work 10-20 hours per week.
- You are paid every two weeks with earnings paid directly to you. Wages are never automatically paid towards any outstanding MCTC bill.
- Work schedules accommodate class schedules.
- You must maintain a 2.0 GPA.
How much will I make?
Your Federal Work-Study salary will be at least the current federal minimum wage, but it may be higher. Your total Federal Work-Study award depends on when you apply, your level of need, and the availability of positions.
How will I be paid?
You will be paid by the hour. KCTCS colleges will pay you directly twice a month.
Are Federal Work-Study jobs on campus or off campus?
Both. You may be assigned to work at any of the locations of your local MCTC campus. If you work off campus, your employer may be a private nonprofit organization or a public agency.
Can I work as many hours as I want?
The amount you earn cannot exceed your total Federal Work-Study award. Each KCTCS College's Office of Financial Aid will determine the number of hours to be worked. When assigning work hours, the Office of Financial Aid will consider your class schedule and your academic progress.
How do I apply?
- Go to Careers.KCTCS.edu
- Create an account
- Search jobs: Maysville Federal Work Study
- Apply for position: Student applications for employment