Graduation Information 2020
Due to the COVID-19 crisis, all MCTC commencement ceremonies have been postponed.
Please check back for an update.
A COMMENCEMENT CEREMONY will be held in Maysville, Cynthiana and Mt. Sterling. You are welcome to participate in the ceremony closest to you.
Saturday, May 9, 10:00 a.m. Mason County High School Fieldhouse
Rowan Campus and Montgomery Campus
Monday, May 11, 6:00 p.m. Montgomery County High School Arena
Licking Valley Campus
Tuesday, May 12, 6:00 p.m. Harrison County High School Auditorium
CAPS, GOWNS, AND TASSELS may be purchased at the either the Rowan Campus or Maysville Campus bookstores beginning April 6. The book store will be available at the Licking Valley and Montgomery Campus as well (dates TBD).
If you are an honor graduate, your HONOR CORD will be given to you when you arrive for the commencement ceremony. Honor graduates have earned a cumulative GPA of 3.5 from KCTCS.
PRACTICE for the commencement processional will take place before the commencement ceremony from 9:30 – 10:00 a.m. at Maysville and from 5:00 – 5:30 p.m. at Mt. Sterling and Cynthiana. We will have commencement staff at the main entrance of each site to direct you to the practice area.
LINE-UP for the commencement processional will begin immediately following practice.
- BRING THE CARD recieved in the mail with you to the lineup.
- Find the sign with your credential type (AA, AS, AAS, Diploma) and line up.
- The processional will begin promptly at the scheduled time.
- Hand the enclosed name card to Dr. Thomas Ware upon reaching the stage during the ceremony so he can read your name.
- Return to and remain in your seat once you receive your credential cover.
- The entire ceremony is expected to last approximately one hour; please share this information with your guests and plan accordingly.