Costs and Financial Aid
Maysville Community and Technical College is dedicated to providing our students with a high quality, affordable education. We believe that everyone should have access to higher education and we offer a range of options to assist you in achieving your goals. Over 80% of students receive some type of financial aid. We offer federal and state grants, work study opportunities, loan programs, and scholarships.
Ready to get started?
Financial Aid Checklist
Step-by-Step Instructions for Beginning your MCTC Experience
1. Apply for financial aid Fill out your FAFSA!
Financial aid begins here! Even if you don't think you will qualify, fill it out. You might be surprised.
What is a FSA ID? An FSA ID is a username and password that students, parents, and borrowers must use to log in to certain U.S. Department of Education websites beginning May 10, 2015.
How do I get a FSA ID? Beginning May 10, you will be able to create an FSA ID when visiting certain U.S. Department of Education websites.
The FSA ID process consists of three main steps:
Enter your log-in information.
- Provide your e-mail, a unique username, and password and verify you are at least 13 years old.
Enter your personal information.
- Provide your Social Security number, name, and date of birth.
- Include your mailing address, e-mail address, telephone number, and language preference.
- Provide answers to five challenge questions.
Submit your FSA ID information.
- Agree to the terms and conditions.
- Verify your e-mail address. (Note: By verifying your e-mail address, you can use your e-mail address as your username when logging into certain U.S. Department of Education websites)
No. Your FSA ID will replace your PIN as the way to confirm your identity when accessing your financial aid information through certain U.S. Department of Education websites. When logging in to these websites, you will be required to enter only your FSA ID username and password.
3. Create your Student-Self Service account
Sign into your webmail account and click on New Account Activation to setup your account.
4. Sign your FAR! (Financial Aid Release)
In order to use financial aid to purchase books and supplies at the bookstore you must sign the Financial Aid Release form. Log on to your Student Self-Service account and submit the release on-line.
5. Check your Financial Aid award
Check your financial aid award(s), including loans, in your Student Self-Service Account
Notify the Office of Financial Aid if you have received an award such as a scholarship or third party payment and it is not included on your award list. If you have requested loan(s) you must do Entrance Counseling and sign an MPN (Master Promissory Note) before the money will be released.
6. Check your Financial Aid To Do List.
The To Do list is displayed under your Student Self-Service home page on the right side and will display the items that need to be submitted to complete your financial aid file, along with the due dates.
7. Activate your KCTCS Higher One Easy Refund Account (debit card)
When you receive your KCTCS Higher One debit card in the mail, use the card to activate your refund method according to the instructions that you receive with the card.
For additional information regarding refunds, please call 1-855-469-6282
8. Pay your tuition.
Keep yourself informed about tuition deadlines. If financial aid does not cover your tuition, you are responsible for payment. Learn about Payment Plans under the payment options panel or by calling 1-855-469-6282.
9. Purchase your books.
You may charge your books in the bookstore if you have financial aid to cover them during certain days. Be sure to check with the Financial Aid Office for these dates.
You can get answers to your financial aid questions 24/7-365 by calling 1-855-469-6282.