Fresh Start: MCTC Student Debt Payback Program
The Fresh Start: Student Debt Payback Program is intended to help students who have previously attended MCTC, did not graduate, have a past balance due and want to come back to MCTC to finish their credential. Up to $1,000 of their prior debt will be paid upon successful entry into the program and completion of the program requirements.
- Students who have not attended MCTC since December 31, 2019.
- Students who have not earned a diploma/degree.
- Students who have a past due account balance of $1,000 or less to MCTC. (Please note that students may not use this payback program to repay debts at other institutions.)
- Students who have a completed FAFSA for the current year (2020-2021) with MCTC as the selected college.
- Students who meet all financial aid student and account balance requirements.
- Preference may be given to students who can complete their chosen credential within two semesters.
- Preference may be given to students who have been paying down current student debt
What are the Program Requirements after being Accepted into the Program?
- Register for a minimum of six credits each semester until credential is received.
- Limit coursework to only those courses required for graduation.
- Earn a minimum of a "C" grade in each course and maintain a grade point average of 2.5 or higher each semester.
- Meet all financial aid student and account balance requirements.
- Meet monthly with a Success Coach.
- Attend required tutoring sessions or other support sessions if recommended by instructor, coach, or advisor.
How is My Balance to MCTC Forgiven?
A student's balance with the college is forgiven in either increments based on the amount owed or number of semesters to receive a credential. Some debts may be paid in full after one successful semester. Students must be enrolled at least part-time and maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress to remain eligible.
Example: Student left MCTC owing a balance of $1,000 in 2013. Student returns to MCTC and enrolls in Spring 2020 as a full-time student. Student successfully completes the semester. MCTC forgives $500 of the student's past-due balance. Student enrolls for the next semester. At the end of that successful semester, MCTC forgives another $500 of the past-due balance and successfully completes that semester.
LIMITED SPACES AVAILABLE
Contact your campus representative today!
Licking Valley Campus (Cynthiana)
Lauren Mattox - 859-234-8626, EXT 66436
Maysville Campus (Maysville)
Mollie Malone - 606-759-7141, EXT 66185
Montgomery Campus (Mt. Sterling)
Skylar Logan - 859-499-6282, EXT 66528
Rowan Campus (Morehead)
Emma Lawson - 606-783-1538, EXT 66340
Complete the form below for more information:
In the meantime:
- Complete your 20-21 FAFSA at fafsa.gov using MCTC Code: 006960
- Fill out the MCTC application at maysville.kctcs.edu/admissions/start-your-application/
Having these two steps complete will help speed your admissions process.