KCTCS has an important message regarding the KY.GOV online payment processing system used when scheduling a Nurse Aide State Exam online. Beginning August 1, 2022, all credit card payments will be processed immediately at the time of scheduling a state exam. There will no longer be a delay in payment processing of 5 days prior to the scheduled exam date.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or concerns.
What is a Medicaid Nurse Aide?
A Medicaid Nurse Aide provides direct care for patients in multiple settings under the direction of a LPN or an RN. Medicaid Nurse Aides roles include providing for hygiene, comfort, exercise, safety as well as observing and reporting patient/client conditions. Often Medicaid Nurse Aides provide emotional support to clients as well as families during a healthcare encounter.
What are my career choices?
A few examples of workplaces in your local area:
- Long term care facilities
- Home Care Agencies
Nurse Aide Training Programs:
- NAA 100 (3.0 credit hours, doesn’t include CPR) – prepares a Medicaid nurse aide to take the state competency exam and earn placement on the Kentucky Nurse Aide Registry
- MNA 100 (Medicaid Nurse Aide - This course is for industry)
- KMA 100 (Kentucky Medication Aide – 5 credit hour) Prepares a Medicaid nurse aide to administer specific medications in a long-term care setting under the supervision of a licensed nurse
To enroll in the Medicaid nurse aide course:
- If you are not a current MCTC student, then you would need to enroll in the college.
- If you are a current MCTC student, contact your advisor or Admissions for assistance with enrolling in the course.
- You must be at least 16 years of age
Classes are available throughout the year on the Licking Valley (Cynthiana), Montgomery (Mt. Sterling), Rowan (Morehead) and Maysville Campuses as well as our extension in Carlisle, KY.
Required Pre-requisites for KMA 100
- MNA 100 or NAA 100
- Currently on the Kentucky Nurse Aide Registry
- 6 months work experience as a nursing assistant within the last 2 years (this requirement can be waived on appropriate candidates)
- High School diploma or GED
What are my degree, diploma, or certificate options?
- Student’s will receive a certificate of completion for these courses with a passing grade.
Kentucky Nurse Aide Certification State Testing (KNAT) for the Nurse Aide Registry
In order to be listed on the State Nurse Aide Registry, a student successfully completing the course must take the state written examination and skill competency evaluation.
Students are eligible to take the state certification exam for one year from the date that they completed their training.
SRNA Testing format is changing!
Online Scheduling and Payment will be available in the near future!
- All test applicants must present a valid government picture ID (Driver’s License, Military ID, Passport) and a social security card on the date of the exam.
- NO LAMINATED SOCIAL SECURITY CARDS WILL BE ACCEPTED
This information should not be considered a substitute for the KCTCS Catalog. You should always choose classes in cooperation with your faculty advisor to ensure that you meet all degree requirements.