What is Emergency Medical Services?
The paramedic primarily provides pre-hospital emergency care to acutely ill or injured patients. This care is delivered in a variety of environments including: ambulance, mobile advanced life support units, industrial on-site units, fire departments, and other sites. The curriculum is designed to provide the student with the didactic knowledge and clinical skills to deliver emergency care.
What are my career choices?
This program prepares individuals for positions in agencies and institutions that provide emergency response services.
- Emergency Medical Services - Paramedic: 47-49 credit hours
- Review of 2018 Outcomes
- No graduates during the 2019 reporting year
- Attention EMT & Paramedic Students: When filing out your admissions application to MCTC you should select the General Occupational/Technical Studies (GO/TS) degree for your major with EMS-Paramedic as your sub plan. This will enable any financial aid or scholarships to apply.
Unique Requirements for Admission Acceptance into the Certificate Paramedic program is based on a selective admissions process. Requirements are:
Selection preference within the Application Pool:
Selection of students into the program will be made by the selective admission commission that the president of the college has selected. Selection preference may be given to:
- Applicants with an ACT composite score of 21 or above; or comparable Compass scores according to KCTCS.
- Applicants who have a cumulative GPA of 2.5 or better (4.0 point scale) in 10 hours of college credit applicable to the paramedic program.
- Applicants who have completed the biological sciences (BIO-137 & BIO-139 or BIO 135) and medical terminology (AHS 115)) courses listed in the paramedic curriculum with a grade of "C" or better and Math 110 or better with a grade of C or better or a Dosage Calculations Course. Applicants accumulating the highest possible pre-admission points will be accepted into the program. It is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure that all application material (i.e., college & program related material) is on file by days after pre-admission conference (date will be in student bulletin).
The Maysville Community & Technical College EMS-Paramedic Program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (www.caahep.org) upon the recommendation of the Committee on Accreditation for EMS Programs (www.coaemsp.org) .
25400 US Highway 19 North, Suite 158
Clearwater, FL 33763
8301 Lakeview Parkway, Suite 111-312
Rowlett TX 75088
FAX (214) 703-8992