What is Education - Educator Preparation?
The Associate in Applied Science Degree (AAS) in Education, Teacher Preparation, is a track for students who wish to begin coursework at a community and technical college and then apply for transfer admission to a teacher education program at a four-year college or university.
Teacher Prep students are highly encourage to earn both the Associate in Applied Science and the AA degree to better prepare for Teacher Education Admissions at a four-year college or university.
What are my career choices?
The Outlook Handbooks linked below will open a new window:
What are my degree, diploma, or certificate options?
- Maintain a consistent classroom routine.
- Use verbal, nonverbal, and written communication effectively.
- Perform assigned responsibilities in a manner consistent with established professional and ethical guidelines.
- Demonstrate a basic knowledge of Kentucky’s educational goals for all students.
- Demonstrate an awareness of and respect for social, cultural, linguistic, religious, economic, and ability differences in students and their families.
- Assist teachers and other professionals in protecting the civil, legal, and human rights of children, youth and their parents.
- Participate with administrators, consultants, and/or other professionals in designing and implementing comprehensive professional development activities for paraprofessionals.
- Assist teachers and other professionals with adapting learning materials and equipment for all learners.
Length of Program
You can earn an associate in applied science degree in two years if you maintain full-time status.
This information should not be considered a substitute for the KCTCS Catalog. You should always choose classes in cooperation with your faculty advisor to ensure that you meet all degree requirements.