Choose a Rewarding Career!
We can build the foundation for your career in business. We teach general skills, management, economics, marketing, business law, accounting, and communications.
Why Maysville Community & Technical College?
Businesses want employees who enhance productivity, work well in teams, and possess excellent interpersonal and presentation skills. Our graduates are prepared for a wide range of jobs in a variety of companies and organizations throughout the business world.
What are my career choices?
Our program is designed for students seeking entry-level jobs, current business workers who want to sharpen their skills, and those required to complete a degree for job advancement. The accounting option leads to careers in accounting including bookkeeper, accounting clerk, and payroll clerk. The management option provides students with broad-based management knowledge and skills which lead to a variety of positions in organizations.
What are my degree, diploma, or certificate options?
- AAS Accounting Option: 61 credit hours
- AAS Management Option Checksheet: 64 credit hours
- AA Business Administration Option: 60 credit hours
- AS Business Administration Option: 60 credit hours
- Accounting Recordkeeping Specialist
- Advanced Business Administration
- Business Transfer
- Financial Perspectives
- General Business
- Human Resource Management
- Public Leadership
- Operations Management
- Payroll Accounting Specialist
- Pre-Licensing Real Estate
- Residential Real Estate
- Small Business Management
- Supervisory Management
- Team Leadership
To see a complete course listing for each credential use the KCTCS Course Catalog.
Upon completion of the program, a graduate can:
- Demonstrate an understanding of the operation of the economic system and how it affects individuals, organizations and society.
- Demonstrate an understanding of basic financial accounting concepts for decision-making, planning and control.
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the legal environment of business.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the role of marketing and customer focus in all organizations.
- Create an error-free employment portfolio using computer technology.
- Explain and operate current software packages, including operating systems, databases, spreadsheet and word processing to develop solutions to common business problems.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the use of technology and its impact on business and operations.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the functions of management: planning, organizing, leading, staffing and controlling.
- Demonstrate an understanding of team building, employee empowerment, business ethics, decision-making, problem solving and quality.
Where do I start?
Apply for admission to MCTC to receive information from the Admissions Office about submitting your placement test scores (ACT or COMPASS exams) and to schedule a meeting with an advisor to register for your classes.
Length of Program
You can earn an associate in applied science degree in two years if you maintain full-time status.
This information should not be considered a substitute for the KCTCS Catalog. You should always choose classes in cooperation with your faculty advisor to ensure that you meet all degree requirements.