Remote Student Services & Resources
MCTC is open during normal business hours (Monday – Friday, 8:00am to 4:30pm) student may still choose to use remote student services and resources. We are here (in person and online!) to help you adapt to changes in instruction and provide services and resources for staying healthy, staying in school and finishing strong! You’ve got this!
Due to reduced staffing and staggered work schedules, students are strongly encouraged to call ahead and schedule an appointment before coming to campus to ensure availability.
Call the Go KCTCS! Student Service Center at 855-469-6282 for 24/7 help with Admission, Billing, Blackboard, Financial Aid, Passwords, Records and Registration.
You can also chat live with a support specialist online at: https://maysville-kctcs.edusupportcenter.com/sims/helpcenter/common/layout/SelfHelpHome.seam?inst_name=kctcs-maysville.
- If you have any questions about your classes, please contact your instructor. They are available via phone and email.
- For help with Admission, Billing, Blackboard, Financial Aid, Passwords, Records and Registration, call the Go KCTCS! Student Service Center 24/7 at 855-469-6282.
- Here is a quick reference guide of frequently called numbers so you can easily contact faculty and staff who are telecommuting at this time: https://maysville.kctcs.edu/covid-19/frequently-called-numbers.aspx
Faculty advisors are available to help you register for classes and are scheduling appointments via phone or email. Use the directory to self-schedule an appointment with your advisor: https://maysville.kctcs.edu/faculty-staff/Directory/program-advisors.aspx.
If you don’t know who your faculty advisor is or need help scheduling an appointment, please contact Skylar Logan at 606-759-7141 ext. 66528 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our admissions team is available to help you complete the admissions process and register for your first semester of classes. You can schedule a phone appointment with an admissions specialist at the MCTC campus closest to you!
Licking Valley Campus
Lauren Mattox https://go.oncehub.com/laurenmattox
Mollie Malone https://go.oncehub.com/molliemalone
Skylar Logan https://go.oncehub.com/skylarlogan
Emma Lawson https://go.oncehub.com/emmalawson
Starting online learning when you haven't used computers a lot can seem like a big challenge. Let this KOOL micro course help make it easier! The self-paced lessons will introduce you to some of the basic skills you will need to be successful, including:
- Browsers, Opening New Tabs and Basic Functions
- Types of Files, File Management and Downloading/Uploading
- Speakers and Microphone Settings in Windows 10
- Taking Screenshots
Click here to get started: KOOL Micro Course: Foundational Computer Skills for Online Learning
It is important to take care of your mental health during the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) outbreak. Daily exposure to news about COVID-19 (Coronavirus) may result in a range of responses and some days could be rougher than others. If you have any concerns about your mental health or emotional well-being, please seek support.
To be connected with one MCTC’s counseling partners, please contact Teresa Conway at 606-759-7141 ext. 66319 or via email at email@example.com. All services are confidential.
Disability Support Services will continue to work with students to support them and ensure that they receive their approved accommodations. If you are concerned about any of your accommodations as they apply to remote learning, please contact Teresa Conway at 606-759-7141 ext. 66319 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Students interested in registering with Disability Support Services, please visit our website for information on steps to register: https://maysville.kctcs.edu/about/student-life/student-support-services/accessibility-services.aspx
- Primo Search Box (at the top of the Library page): Use this cross-database search to look at various sources at once.
- Databases: http://libguides.maysville.kctcs.edu/databases
- Research Guides: http://libguides.maysville.kctcs.edu/?b=g&d=a
- Course Guides: Course guides for various classes at http://libguides.maysville.kctcs.edu/courseguides
- Library Tutorials: http://libguides.maysville.kctcs.edu/librarytutorials
- Citation Help: http://libguides.maysville.kctcs.edu/citations
- MCTC Library YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTAF2IrpycL37gZ-dFcpOfw
- Off-Campus Access Guide: https://maysville.kctcs.edu/current-students/student-resources/library/off-campus_instructions.aspx
If you need any help, please Ask a Librarian: https://maysville.kctcs.edu/current-students/student-resources/library/ask_a_librarian.aspx
- Chat with a live tutor 24/7
- Schedule an appointment for specific time
- Submit a written essay for review and get feedback within 12 hours
- Take practice quizzes.
Here are step-by-steps instructions on how to access Tutor.com in both versions of Blackboard (Please note that most faculty are using Regular Blackboard, not Ultra).
Tutor.com - Regular - Instructions
Tutor.com - Ultra- Instructions
MCTC Success Coaches are here to help you succeed! Success coaches are your single point of contact and will collaborate across the college to help get your questions answered and problems solved.
Licking Valley Campus
Marty Muenks https://go.oncehub.com/martymuenks
Valerie Mullins https://go.oncehub.com/valeriemullins
Sierra O'Cull https://go.oncehub.com/sierraocull
Maggie Price https://go.oncehub.com/maggieprice
If you have Blackboard questions, please contact your instructor.
Veteran Services will continue to work with our active duty and veteran students to support them and ensure that they continue to receive their educational benefits. If you have questions concerning veteran benefits, please contact Millicent Harding-Thomas, School Certifying Official, at (606) 759-7141 ext. 66196 or via email at email@example.com. For assistance, contact the School Certifying Official.
Millicent Harding-Thomas https://go.oncehub.com/millicenthardingthomas
- WiFi @ MCTC: Students can bring a laptop or other mobile device and access MCTC’s WiFi from a parking lot closest our campus buildings.
- You might also check with your local cell and internet service providers. Some of them have been offering reduced rates on high speed internet for students during the pandemic.