Soar to New Heights with an Aviation Career at MCTC
Maysville Community and Technical College is an excellent destination for those looking to explore career opportunities in aviation. With the aviation industry experiencing steady growth, Maysville is well-positioned to provide students with exceptional training and education for successful careers in this dynamic industry. The aviation maintenance technology program at MCTC offers specialized courses in aviation maintenance, aviation technology, and aviation logistics, with an emphasis on hands-on training and real-world experiences.
One of the main reasons to pursue a degree in aviation at Maysville is the quality of education and training available. The college has a state-of-the-art aviation facility with modern equipment and technology, which provides students with an excellent learning environment. Additionally, the aviation faculty is comprised of experienced professionals with a deep understanding of the industry, making MCTC the ideal place to learn about aviation.
What is Aviation Maintenance Technology?
Expertise in the inspection, repair, service and overhaul of aircraft, and engines is the goal of this program to be certified by the Federal Aviation Agency (FAA). Interpreting specifications from service and technical manuals, using testing procedures and equipment, diagnosing problems and making necessary repairs are the skills taught in aircraft maintenance. To work in the aircraft industry and aviation safety, the FAA must certify students completing this program.
Career Opportunities in Aviation
Another reason to consider an aviation career at MCTC is the range of work opportunities available. The aviation industry is expected to grow significantly over the coming years, and there is an increasing demand for skilled aviation professionals. MCTC’s aviation program provides students with the skills and knowledge necessary to enter a variety of aviation-related fields, including aircraft maintenance, air traffic control, and aviation management.
Maysville's aviation program can lead to a career in a variety of aviation fields including:
- Pilot - Pilots are responsible for the safe operation of aircraft. They must have a commercial pilot's license and an instrument rating. Pilots may work for airlines, corporate aviation, the military, or a government organization.
- Flight attendant - Flight attendants are responsible for the safety and comfort of passengers on air transport. Flight attendants may work for airlines or charter companies.
- Aviation mechanic - Aviation mechanics are responsible for the maintenance and repair of aircraft. Aviation mechanics may work for airlines, general aviation companies, or the military.
- Aviation dispatcher - Aviation dispatchers are responsible for planning and coordinating the flight schedules of aircraft and reviewing pilot reports. Aviation dispatchers may work for airlines or charter companies.
- Aviation security officer - Aviation security officers are responsible for the safety and security of passengers and aircraft. They must have a high school diploma and pass a background check. Aviation security officers may work for the FAA or for private companies
These are just a few of the many career opportunities in aviation. If you are interested in a career in aviation, MCTC's aviation maintenance technology program can help you get started.
Why Maysville Community and Technical College?
There are many reasons why someone should choose Maysville Community and Technical College. Here are just a few:
- Small class sizes. The average class size is 18 students, which means you'll get more individualized learning experience from your professors.
- Affordable tuition. Maysville has the lowest tuition in the state.
- Flexible scheduling. There are variety of class times and formats available, so you can find a schedule that works for you.
- A variety of programs. Maysville offers a variety of programs, including associate degrees, certificates, and diplomas in fields such as information technology, business administration, automotive technology, education, health care, welding technology, workforce education and more.
- Transfer agreements. Maysville has transfer agreements with many four-year universities, so you can easily transfer your credits.
- Career services. Maysville offers career services to help you find a job after graduation.
- A supportive community. Maysville is a close-knit community where you'll feel supported by your professors, staff, and fellow students.
If you're looking for an affordable, high-quality education and interested in getting into the aviation field, Maysville Community and Technical College is a great option.